Shades of Gray

Shades of Gray - Brooke McKinley In chess it's called...

Okay, this one is simply EPIC. And it makes me angry because the author didn't write more books! It's a SHAME! She's classified in that imaginary shelf in my mind of ridiculously talented but inexplicably wasted authors sharing seats with the great Jane Seville and G.N Chevalier. If they want to be remembered as THE author OF the BOOK they'll become a kind of Margaret Mitchell in the M/M genre. Maybe that's their purpose. But not for my own good.

I love this book very much because it was one of my first romances in this genre but that's not the reason why I will always remember it. It's because it filled every cup of mine, even those I wasn't aware about. If there was a button to be pushed, this book found it. If there was a question to be answered the explanation was more than enough. If there was a feeling that I had the feeling that should take place then, the feeling appeared just in time. As a angst junkie as I am, I was satisfied with all that distress the book transpired. As a cuddling girl as I am I was also happy with all the brushes and grazes. And witnessing black and white Miller's world and Danny's grey one crashing into each other was just the icing on the cake. But above it all I value connection, and it was provided beyond expectations. It was one of those cases in which every ingredient was present, but the personal touch was the secret.

So, yes, damn good, this one.