The King of Forever - Kirby Crow

After such a long time waiting for this I feel happy and unenthusiastic at the same time. It's such a short book and you expect so many things to happen that when you find out the book is going to end the same way it started you don't know if you should be angry or worse.

So, was it a tease and no more? Well, not exactly, because I really loved this story. I was reminded why I like this pair so much, why they are so special in their peculiar way. But that's a long way from being a "complete" book. It's more like a transition book, with all that it implies.

So do not expect mysteries to be solved and questions to be answered here, because there aren't any of those. It's like stretching book 3 a few pages more to prepare for what's yet to come. Yes, it sounds awful and discouraging, and that is by no means my intention. I just want to give you a proper warning, that's all. I recommend to wait for book 5 before daring with book 4, if only for the sake of maintaining some kind of continuity.

But do you think it's worth it or not? Yes, of course, I don't need a constant set of action scenes to keep me interested, you just have to combine several elements and if it's well played, you have me forever. That's what made devour this novel, the writing style and the characters draw you in hopelessly, and they made me want to know more about them and what's going to come and how they will ever overcome the endless conflicts in the kingdom and the little detail that Rshan have a much longer span of life.

Nothing was boring, everything the author touches wakes lots of wonders and leave you fully satisfied. So in truth there is no real complaint from my part and I finished the book with a sense of completion: in the feeling sphere nothing was amiss, it's the plot that is lacking, but I hope that fault will be corrected in the following installments.